The Management of the Monesia partnership and the implementation of the mobility activities, are based on a multilateral cooperation network of universities that operates at two different and interconnected levels: a global structural and a local operative level.
On the global structural level, the main decision making body of the Monesia consortium is the Partnership Coordination Board (PCB) which is composed by one representative per Partner University. The presidency is held by the project coordinator (University of Granada). The PCB is in charge of any action that commits the consortium as a whole, such as approval and modifications of the Partnership Agreement, readjustments of the mobility flow distribution, adequate timing of the project activities, monitoring and evaluation of the project performance, amongst others.
To make the project run smoother, some of the responsibilities of the PCB were conferred on two committees: The Advisory and Selection Committee (ASC) and the Quality Assurance Committee (QAS). Both of them were elected during the Kick-off Meeting of the Monesia project (Granada, July 29-31, 2009). They share the same composition, that is, 6 members of the PCB being 3 members from different European and 3 members from different Latin American countries. The presidency of each Committee is held by the project leader (University of Granada).
Advisory and Selection Committee (ASC)
- Europe: Karl-Franzens Universität Graz (Austria)
- Europe: Universidad de Deusto (Spain)
- Europe: Università di Bologna (Italy)
- Brazil: Universidade Federal de Goiás
- Paraguay: Universidad Nacional de Asunción
- Uruguay: Universidad de la República
The tasks of the ASC are the final selection of candidates according to the ranking done by the partners and taking into account the cross-cutting requirements of equal opportunities, gender-balance and participation of disabled and economically disadvantaged people. Furthermore it will advise on any subject related to the project and on operational decisions.
Quality Assurance Committee (QAS)
- Europe: Università degli Studi di Padova (Italy
- Europe: Universiteit Leiden (The Netherlands)
- Europe: Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
- Brazil: Universidade Federal do Piauí
- Paraguay: Universidad Nacional del Este
- Uruguay: Universidad Católica del Uruguay
The QAS may be reinforced by external experts (associate partners, relevant organizations, etc.). Main tasks of the QAS are the implementation of the quality assurance policiy, the monitoring of the evolution for the project, the academic performance of the grantees and regular reports to the PCB and the PMU.
- The executive corps on local level of the Monesia consortium are formed by two Management Units: the Project Management Unit (PMU) and the Local Operative Unit (LOU). Centralized on the applicant university, the University of Granada, as the body responsible for the project before the European Commission and Education Audiovisual & Cultural Executive Agency (EACEA), the PMU is in charge for the correct implementation and coordination of the project, among other responsibilities. On the other side, the LOP, established at each partner University, works according to internal regulations and needs for the successful implementation of the mobility flows.